Dear Parents/Guardians, here is the final Glen Ames SPS Update for the 2013 – 2014 School Year:
1. Canada’s New Anti-Spam Legislation CASL
Parent/guardian response required by Monday, June 30th!
This email is to inform you about the introduction of Canada’s new Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL), which takes effect on July 1, 2014. CASL prohibits the sending of any type of electronic message that is commercial in nature unless the recipient has provided consent first. As a result, Toronto District School Board requires your consent to receive any electronic messages which contain advertising or promotions regarding school fundraisers, lunch programs, field trips, the sale of yearbooks, purchasing of student photos, books, prom or dance tickets, athletic events with an entry fee or similar events and offers.
This week, Glen Ames students helped raise money for www.brightfuturesofburkina.org by participating in a water walk on the Beaches Boardwalk. Congratulations to all and especially Ms. Arbek for organizing this important venture.
3. The QSP magazine fundraiser will be returning to the Glen Ames in early Fall!
You may soon start to receive renewal notices for your current magazine subscriptions. We ask that you please hold onto these renewal orders and wait to support our official fundraising campaign. If you can’t wait, you can still support the school by visiting qsp.ca and entering the school name after 1 July. Any orders placed online over the summer will still qualify for the QSP awards prizes this Fall. If you have any questions for QSP, please call them directly at 1-800-667-2536.
4. Compilation video from TDSB Director Donna Quan – features the Glen Ames
We would like to extend a heartfelt thank you to staff that are leaving us and for their service at Glen Ames:
· Mr. Haines – teaching assignment at an International School in Vietnam
· Ms. Tat – ending her long term occasional contract
· Mme. Arapi – teaching assignment at Beverly Heights MS.
· Mrs. Shillinglaw – retirement
· Mrs. Kidd – retirement
· Mme. Chatar – maternity leave
· Mme. LaCasse – maternity leave
· Ms. Hanson – teaching assignment at George Webster PS.
· Lynn Doyle – SNA assignment at Monark Park CI
· Kim Muise – ending her long term occasional contract
Welcome is extended to the following staff that will be joining us in September 2014:
· Ms. Venning – our new Office Administrator
· Ms. Divok – our new French Immersion teacher
· Ms. Jurmain – returning from maternity leave – English teacher
· Mr. Preto – our new English teacher
· Ms. Toner – our new Educational Assistant
On behalf of the entire staff at Glen Ames, we would like to wish all families a restful and rewarding summer holiday. For students moving on to secondary school, we wish you success. For those leaving us for other schools, best wishes are extended to you. Student returning to Glen Ames for Grade 8, we’ll see you in September!